A wine cooler is a specific appliance for the preservation of wine bottles and although they do not need constant care and maintenance, we are going to remember together some important aspects for all those customers who have bought a wine fridge.
We want to resolve some doubts that may arise during the life of the wine cellar and we will clarify what you must do for optimal maintenance of a wine fridge.
How to clean your wine fridge: Although it will not be necessary to do it very often it is recommended to do it once a year, for this you must follow the following steps:
- Turn off the power, unplug the appliance, and remove all interior items including shelves.
- Wash the interior surfaces with a solution of warm water and baking soda. The solution should consist of about 2 tablespoons of baking soda in one liter of water.
- Wash the shelves with a mild detergent solution.
- Drain excess water from the sponge or cloth to clean the area of the controls or any electrical part.
- Wash the outside of the refrigerator with a warm solution of mild liquid detergent. Rinse well and pat dry with a soft, clean cloth.
Anti-ice function: Most wine fridge, especially those cooled by compressors, have this automatic function.
Defrosting inside the appliance occurs automatically during operation. About every 4 hours, the compressor will stop for about 20 minutes. During this process the temperature will be higher than the established one. The defrost water is collected by the evaporation tray above the compressor, where it evaporates.
What to do when the house light goes out
In most cases, power failures are resolved in a few hours and should not affect the temperature of your appliance by minimizing the number of times the door is opened. If your wine fridge is going to be out of service for a longer period of time, it is necessary to take the appropriate measures to protect its contents.
What to do when you go on vacation:
Leave the appliance running during holidays of less than three weeks. If you turn off the appliance for long periods, leave the door ajar to avoid odors inside the wine fridge.
Transporting the Wine Fridge: If you have to move your wine fridge once it has already been installed and the packaging has been thrown away, we advise you to:
- Securely tape all loose items (shelves) inside your appliance.
- Rotate the adjustable feet to the base to avoid damage.
- Secure the door and protect it from knocks.
- Make sure the appliance is kept secure in the upright position during transport. In addition to protecting the outside of the device with a blanket or similar element.
Advice to save energy: The wine fridges generates cold depending on the temperature that surrounds them, therefore, the wine fridge must be located in the coldest area of the room, away from appliances that produce heat and direct sunlight; Thanks to this, it will consume less energy and force the compressor a lot less.
With all these tips on maintaining a wine fridge, you will be able to extend the life of the device for much longer.
Any signs of failure, please, contact our experts.